Thursday, August 14, 2014

Portal Guardians - Clash of the Otherworlds Book 3



Rated 4.1 out of 5.0 Stars
By Elle Casey; Twitter: @ellecasey; Goodreads; Barnes & Noble; Amazon
Clash of the Otherworlds - Book 3 & War of the Fae Book 7
Reviews relating to this book:
After the Fall - Clash of the Otherworlds Book 1
Between the Realms - Clash of the Otherworlds Book 2
War of the Fae Series


-Final installment of both series
Jayne and her group of misfit Fae friends must travel to the Overworld and the Underworld to recruit the Guardians. Too bad the Guardians are monster dragons with a bad attitude and a mouthful of fire breath. Jayne, along with Spike- her almost boyfriend incubus, Tony- best friend and Gray walker, Finn- redneck Green Elf, Samantha- badass witch with a worse attitude, Ben- powerful Elemental who is probably a traitor, and Jared- the daemon that started it all; the group must overcome the odds and restore the portals. The demons cannot be stopped any other way. Can they reach the Guardians in time, and convince them to help before the Earth is overrun with demons?


I had no idea how Elle Casey was going to tie up all the loose ends without writing another book. 75% of the way through, it seemed there was no way to finish it without leaving a million questions. She pulled it off fairly well, and my head is still spinning with the ending. Most of the events were rather predictable, but there were a few twists and turns that left me smiling like a fool. It is a bittersweet ending, and I hope that Casey will write another book in this series someday. I found myself falling in love with a lot of the characters, Tim especially. The snarky pixie captured my heart, as did foul mouthed protagonist, Jayne. I can't give away all of the secrets of the series, but I will say that my prior predictions were, in fact, entirely correct. I enjoyed the conclusion, and I have mixed feelings about the ending. But all in all, it was a wonderful continuation of the War of the Fae Series, and I would recommend it to any urban fantasy fan.


When the angel was just over the field, I could see that she was a girl, or more accurately, a woman. And she was wearing the skimpiest outfit I'd yet to see in the fae, or angel world. She had leather pants that were mostly just straps, and some straps that went around her chest. But they conveniently missed her boobs. I looked over at Finn, and sure enough, his tongue was practically hanging out. We were about to be attacked by Dark Angel S&M Barbie, and I was pretty sure he didn't mind one bit."-Jayne via Elle Casey

Tags: faery, faerie, fae, fairy, book review, urban fantasy, fantasy book, series, book review, book review, vampire, demon, angel, dark angel, fae, fae series

No comments:

Post a Comment