Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wait for You by J. Lynn Review (Jennifer Armentrout)

paranormal book reviews, romance
paranormal book reviews, romance
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…

paranormal book reviews, romance
This book had absolutely no paranormal or urban fantasy aspect to it at all, which made me put off reading it for almost a year. I'm not a huge fan of romance novels with nothing else going on; I tend to need that extra craziness factor thrown in there to truly enjoy a romance. This book surprised me in so many ways, and yet, I should be used to Ms. Armentrout and her amazing writing skills. She writes the perfect male characters, the ones that you fall in love with over and over with throughout the book. I heard this quote once (I don't remember from who) that said, "Women fall in love with book characters because men like that don't exist", and I couldn't agree more! Cam is everything you could want in a man; sweet, sexy, thoughtful, and completely devoted to Avery. Even with her not so great past, he can see past everything and love her for the person that she is. Cam is a wonderfully written, fall in love with character. Avery is more complicated; her past still threatens her constantly, regardless of the fact that it's been almost six years since 'the incident'. I cannot imagine what she is going through, and I can't say that I wouldn't act the same way in her situation. She is an intense character, wonderfully written and impossibly jaded. I usually am not overly excited about a character with psychological problems and a tendency to whine a lot, but the author nailed this one! The plot line was strong and twisted. If you have read my reviews, you know that I live for insane twists and what the fuckery moments, and this book didn't let me down. I enjoyed the fact that the reader had no idea what exactly happened to Avery until the end. There is nothing worse to me than to know exactly what is going on in a book, and to be able to predict how it will end. So thank you Miss Armentrout for another, wonderfully amazing, delicious, in your face story of real love, not the cheesy 'love at first sight and everything is perfect' love. A love with issues that can either tear your heart out, or can be overcome to realize that they didn't really matter that much in the first place.

paranormal book reviews, romance

'Brit followed my stare and sighed. "I don't know which one is hotter". Cam, to me, won hands down. "Me neither." "I'd take them both," Jacob commented. "At the same time?" Curiosity filled Brit's tone. Jacob grinned. "Hell yea." "A Cam and Jase sandwich." Brit shivered. "I wish that was on the Dollar Menu." I laughed. "I think they'd cost more than a dollar." "True," she murmured and then sighed out a, "I need to get laid." Jase elbowed Cam and said something. A moment later, Cam looked in our direction. A wide smile broke out across his striking face. He put his cup down on the edge of the ping pong table. "And here comes one of them," Jacob said, looking at me slyly. "It's about to become a Cam and Avery sandwich." "Shut up," I said, flushing. People got out of the way for Cam. He was like a hot Moses, parting a sea of drunk college students. I took a step back, suddenly nervous.'

Connect with J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout): JenniferArmentrout.com; Goodreads; Twitter; Amazon; Barnes & Noble.

Tags: romance, Jennifer Armentrout, J. Lynn, Stay With Me Series, book reviews, love.

3 comments:

  1. This book has been on my shelves forever (not really, but a few months LOL) and I haven't picked it up for the same reason you mentioned: no paranormal stuff in it. Maybe I will give it a try when I'm on a slump or something because I know Armentrout writing could get me out of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Armentrout.. her writing is amazing, regardless of what she is writing about! I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and I found myself with a cheesy grin on my face a few times (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer is amazing. She is definitely my all time favorite author. I devoured this book completely and I cannot wait to continue with this series! ;)

    ReplyDelete